Hope

Do you believe in hope, do you think it is important to have hope in life?What happens if there is no hope in life? Read the poem below and let me know your views.

THE DREAM

The old violin in my heart is
Frozen on this winter and
I can hear only noise; no music,
And the lyric of my life is stolen.


My tender heart is aching and I am
Just like a last leaf in the autumn
Tree, ready to fall on any day and
My mind is floating like a feather


I am holding on to a falling branch
Of a huge tree and I don’t know the
Depth, or the distance I have to travel,
Or to jump to reach the earth as it is


Too dark and cold down there
The wind is so strong and I am
Trembling like a little grass in rain,
Still my dreams are flying up like a

Colourful kite which dance and
Plays with the angels in the sky.
Is it hope leading my life? Or maybe,
I am a hopeless daydreamer.

Comments

Anonymous said…
your poem is really touching and magical,you have unwrapped the philosaphy of life by narrating the helplessness of soul in few lines. hope is a divine gift , hold on to it,wonderful poem thulasi , keep it up.
Sylvia said…
The poem is good and I understand how you feel and what you are saying. My poems are all written about events in my life that actually happened. I have not added any extra facts to them. I use my poetry as therapy. I write about an event and then I am ready to move on. It has helped me tremendously. Keep up the good work.
Unknown said…
" Is it hope leading my life? Or maybe, I am a hopeless daydreamer."

I love this line it reflects my sentiments exactly.

Read Leo Buscaglia's "The Fall of Freddie the Leaf." You will see that your message in the poem here reflects the emotions set forth in his short childern's story.

I love your site and will visit often.
Namaste
Agnes Christy said…
Thank you sylvia, I too believe that poetry is a form of therapy to heal our mind.Because it is self expression to a certain extent, it is our innermost response to agony or happiness or what ever.I usually write symbolic poems.i will visit your blog as i like your poems
surjit singh said…
A good poem.All human beings are driven by hope in one way or the other.And I think you are no exception.My good wishes.
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Anonymous said…
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Popular posts from this blog

Best Criteria for selecting Children's book.

The healing rose